Small business owners, join Shaun C. Reid, principal attorney of Reid Kelly, P.C. law firm, along with other panelists as they present “Hiring, onboarding and retaining the best employees.” Hiring, onboarding and retaining the best employeesis critical to the success and growth of any organization. There are many things to consider and laws to comply with during this process, including job ads, the employment application, interviewing, compensation, benefits, background checks, restrictive covenants, training, benefits administration and many others. With all these things to consider, we want you to be equipped to navigate these processes successfully.
At this seminar we will explore:
- How to recruit and screen candidates.
- HR and labor law compliance.
- Employee misclassification issues (Interns, Independent Contractors).
- Payroll taxes and pre-taxed benefits.
- Workers compensation.
- How to comply with the new NYC Sick Pay Law, and the New York Labor Law with respect to overtime pay.
- Training grants to build your staff skills, enter new markets, increase profitability, retain employees and become more efficient in operations.
- Maximizing profits alongside your staff through operational excellence.
- Shaun C. Reid, Esq, Principal attorney at Reid Kelly, P.C.
- Katie Nguyen, Payroll consultant at Paychex
- Margaret Prusan, President at Illumin LLC
- Janelle John, Account Manager at NYC Business Solutions
- Monique Cole, Program Manager at Workforce1
Date: Tuesday, November 18th, 2014
Location: NYC Business Solutions: 168-25 Jamaica ave, 2nd fl. Jamaica, NY 11432
RSVp: Thanisha Mitchell, firstname.lastname@example.org or 718-577-2150
Click here for the flyer: Flyer Hiring Onboarding and Retaining the best Employees 11-18-14
Presented by NYC Business Solutions Center